Becoming a Volunteer
We want to hear from individuals who would like to contribute to our work by volunteering, whether that is to work with our clients and support workers, or in some other function such as providing IT help. Volunteers are required to complete an application form and interview, and if accepted will receive a full induction and have a named supervisor. All volunteers are required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and provide two references.
Current Volunteer opportunities:
- Volunteers- Wellbeing Hub in the Matlock office and the Buxton office
We are looking for volunteers to assist with the running of wellbeing drop-in sessions for adults, in both our Matlock Hub and our Buxton Hub. The Wellbeing Hubs offers a friendly, relaxed and supportive setting for people living with or recovering from mental ill health.
The activities on offer link to the 5 Ways to Wellbeing:
Connect – Be Active – Take Notice – Keep Learning – Give.
- Volunteers- Flower in the Field Project
We are looking for volunteers to assist with the running of our community garden project – the Flower in the Field. This is in Darley Dale on Church Street. If you have an interest in gardening and the outdoors and would like to help people to regain their confidence in social situations, then please contact us.
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate:
- Good communication skills
- Be non-judgemental
- Have a sense of fun and enthusiastic
- Be respectful of boundaries and confidentiality
- Must complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (FREE for all volunteers).
- Be able to give a 12 month commitment and dedicate time each week, or at least fortnightly, to our organisation.
- Aged over 18 only.
- Please note reasonable travel expenses will be paid and Induction training is provided for all positions.
- If you are interested in any of these opportunities, contact Tim in the Matlock office on 01629 733915.